Note: On August 3, 2019, Spotify Insights will be no more. But all the data stories you’ve come to enjoy will be available in Spotify’s newsroom, For The Record. Head over to the site not just for data insights, but also cultural trends, how-tos, artist interviews, and more. Want to stay on top of all our latest news and stories? Follow us on For The Record’s Twitter feed, @spotifynews.
Looking for some winter travel options? National Geographic recently launched its Best Winter Trips 2017, with a range of options around the world, listed below. To help prospective travelers get a feel for the places on the list, Spotify curated a playlist for each destination, and then we put them on a map, so you can click your way through each destination to hear some great music that originated from each place.
If you plan on traveling this winter, perhaps your ears will help you choose the best destination from National Geographic’s picks. Or, if you’re not traveling in the physical sense, you can visit these destinations virtually with this audiographic map:
National Geographic’s Best Winter Trips of 2017:
- Bansko, Bulgaria: For Sport Aficionados
- Galle, Sri Lanka: For the Warm Weather
- Tucson, Arizona: For the Food
- St. Petersburg, Russia: For the Wintery Ambiance
- Quebec City, Quebec: For the Holiday Cheer
- Bocas del Toro Archipelago, Panama: For Some R & R
- Marrakech, Morocco: For the Partiers
- Saigon, Vietnam: For Rich History
- Aarhus, Denmark: For Lovers of Art and Culture
- Tonga: For the Adventure